Saturday, August 11, 2012

First post.

RIGHT THEN. Here we go. I finished the Klon Buffer on Tuesday, and now it's waiting for an enclosure. Sounds amazing, to say the least. Way better than the Cornish buffer, and a lot simpler. The only major difference was that I used a CA3260 for the dual opamp, because I had one lying around (thanks BYOC... i guess)I went with a 1590A-type box in Ford Blue, which should look relatively nice. The BYOC Comp that's been sitting on the bench is waiting for a new CA3080. I've got two on the way, one CA3080E from BYOC, and an original metal can CA3080A from eBay. When that comes, I should be able to fire that up. No word on how I'm going to finish it yet, I'm thinking just a paint pen and clearcoat will do. I might try waterslide decals, which might be fun. I've already drilled out the vero for the Vico Vibe, which should be a nice easy build, however I may also slap a boost circuit into that box too, for a bit of extra fun. After that, I'll build a proper pedalboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment